top of page
Prep 5 minutes Cook 20 minutes
Creamy leeks and mushrooms baked with eggs - makes a tasty breakfast that’s simple but different.
1 tsp rapeseed oil
1 leek (160g) thinly sliced 160g mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp 0% fat Greek-style yogurt
good pinch white pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Add oil to a pan, then add the leeks and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Mix in the yogurt and pepper, then divide the mixture between 4 ovenproof dishes.
4. Make a small hollow in the middle of each dish, then crack an egg into each. Bake for 12-15 mins or more depending on how you like your eggs.
• Try adding a finely chopped red pepper along with the leeks and mushrooms.
• Add some chopped chives or fresh basil for extra flavour
Download and Print this Recipe here:
This recipe is courtesy of diabetes UK.
For more recipes visit diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/recipes/
bottom of page